CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

mother's day

3:30 am. potty break

7:00 am. potty break. russell gets up to do his primary lesson

8:30 am. get up and waddle to the shower

8:45 am. smell food. head downstairs and calvin, sitting at the table, greets me with "happy mother's day!" eat yummy breakfast prepared by my dear husband. flowers, home-made cards, and chick flick on the table.

10:00 am - 1 pm. church. primary kids remembered the words and sang an awesome medley for their moms, calvin was SO reverent in sacrament meeting, got a dark chocolate candy bar for the mom's gift, sharing time duty for me and calvin pooped 5 minutes before i needed to teach senior primary (russell was also teaching), it's 107 (ONE-HUNDRED AND SEVEN) DEGREES in our car when we leave church

1:30 pm. start soaking my hot feet w/ swollen toes in ice water. russell thinks i'm crazy. he makes me lunch anyway cuz it's mother's day. calvin and i eat ice cream cones. call moms and grandmas to wish them a happy day. calvin keeps saying "happy mother's day" and "happy birthday."

3:30 pm. put calvin in his bed, try to take a nap, no such luck.

4:45 pm. calvin out of bed after he sang and practiced gymnastics the whole time. we wake russell up and he starts dinner.

6:30 pm. delicious mother's day feast: chicken cordon bleu, rice, fresh green beans, watermelon, and cream puffs...thank you my love! calvin takes AN HOUR to eat because he just wants to sing "i'm trying to be like Jesus" instead of chew and swallow. i didn't even know he knew that song - fun surprise.

7:30 pm. decided we should take some pictures today (see below...i'm now regretting this for obvious reasons). also shot cute video of calvin singing...no regrets there! i've been singing this song to him since he was in the womb and it's the best mother's day gift that he is singing it back.


(calvin's modeling my new pearl bracelet!)



9:00 pm. family prayer...calvin helps his daddy: "thankful for mommy, thankful for daddy, stinky toots, Jesus Christ, amen!" couldn't stop laughing.

10:30 pm. went to bed

11:15 pm. got up w/ a bottle of tums and wrote this blog post. 4 weeks (3 now) til baby comes...boy am i ready to start sleeping again. haha (at least the heartburn will be gone, right?)

some recent silly pics of my boy - i do love being a mom!






1:00 am. went to bed again

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! Glad you had a good Mommy's day. I love Calvin's voice!

Heather said...

I pretty much laughed my way through this entire post but I especially loved the stinky toots. Happy Mother's Day to you! And hurray for only a few more weeks of being pregnant! See you soon!!!

Sarah said...

What a cute little boy you have!! I love that song! Calvin is so sweet. I'm glad you had a very happy mother's day!! Good luck in the coming 3 weeks! Can't wait to see the newest addition!

Hilary said...

"Daddy watch this!" Haha...love that crazy move...whatever it was!

I too love the stinky toots line. Did Russ teach him that one?

Happy late Mother's Day! By the way, I thought you looked cute in your pictures.

jnkbarton said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!