CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

biting the bullet

i've been stuck in a vicious cycle for 8 months. i think: "i should update my blog." so i go to it and realize my last post was in 2010. then i think: "i wonder if anyone else still blogs." so i look at my friends and family blogs. most of them still update, some every few days. this doesn't help me feel better about myself, but i love seeing what you guys are up to. then i think about how much has happened in the last 8 months and ALL my pictures and i get overwhelmed in yet another area of my life, so i just watch a food network show on hulu instead.

well i'm breaking the cycle tonight! it will be a struggle against some obsessive-compulsive tendencies of mine to catch up and post updates out of order, but these two little boys are growing up WAY too fast and there are grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, and friends that are missing it. and it's likely that most of you who read this blog stopped checking months ago, so this is also for posterity and to help me feel better about my lack of journaling.

i will start with most recent events and work backwards to october 2010, so this will show up as the newest post chronologically for awhile. but i will catch up so feel free to scroll down if you want to be caught up...

we begin with MASON'S 2nd BIRTHDAY! yep, he's two and boy is he ever. those brown eyes and curly locks have saved him from the time-out chair more times than i'd care to admit. he has a knack for teasing and mischief, but we sure love him!

we partied on memorial day, which was sunny and perfect for playing in the mini pool. the water was a little too cold for the birthday boy, though!

calvin and friends kade and kanigh loved the water.

mason requested a red race car cake...

and i think he wondered why we let him get so close to fire. calvin helped blow out the candles...

he ate the frosting and was done

on tuesday we celebrated as a family



mason is a talkative two-year old and seems to come up with something new every day that makes me wonder "where did he get that?" just a few weeks ago, he would say "mm hm" for yes. around his birthday he was saying, "yeah." yesterday he started with, "yes." today i asked him what he was doing and he said, "nothing." and EVERY time i ask if he needs his diaper changed he pats his bottom and says, "no, i fine."

speaking of diapers, i think mason's trying to potty train himself. i'm not ready for the commitment, yet, but he has started telling me when he needs to go and then actually going on the potty. he'll sit there for 15-20 minutes sometimes reading a book and then tell me when he's done. it sure is making my job easy and i'm hoping he doesn't realize that and change his mind!

mason loves cars, trucks, planes, motorcycles, boats, any sport (sounds like two other boys in this house!) and wrestling with calvin. he's such a boy and wants to do anything his brother or daddy are doing. he is the only kid in nursery now at church and just loves all three ladies that teach him. =) he's learning to pray by himself and loves to help.

so thankful for our sweet mason!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. We won't give up on you! :)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you are back! I love seeing what you and your family is up to! I can't believe how big your kids are now!

Smelsha said...

Linsday, I'm glad you bit the bullet. I've felt like I've been in your same boat - I want to keep up on my blog, but who has time to get on the computer. Anyway, glad to be able to see how you're doing. Hang in there! You and I can retro-post together.