CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me...

Our Halloween festivities started with our ward's trunk-or-treat on Tuesday night.
Here's our little pirate all ready to go:

Calvin won a cupcake in the cake walk and got cotton candy and a balloon sword.
Russell's sister Katy let us borrow a crayon costume for me and a knight for Sir Russell...
Here's the boys in front of our trunk.

We carved our pumpkin on Thursday night


Calvin trick-or-treated at Katy & Dan's neighborhood with the cousins and loved it. Surprisingly, he ran up to all the doors, stuck out his bucket, and even waved bye and said "welcome" when Russell or I said "thanks." He scored in the candy department and still talks about "oween."
Russell decided to wear another of Katy's costumes for trick-or-treating - the "warlock" (witch) riding a ghost. Needless to say, he only lasted about a half hour waddling around in the 90 degree heat - yeah, I've never been so hot on Halloween and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Here's Uncle Dan, cousins Magavin the jedi, Milo as spiderman, Koby the pirate, and Delaney as Ariel, and Calvin all ready to go.

I had to include a short video (sorry the lighting is bad) of our candy-monger...

4 comments:

Kellen and Erin said...

Calvin looks awesome! I love the video- he's like, "umm, I'm busy with my candy here...."

Katy said...

We love Halloween and I'm glad that we could rub off on Calvin. I am also happy that you chose to video him in the clean part of my kitchen.

Sarah said...

AWESOME costumes you guys! I love it! When I saw the title of your post, I was like, they went to Disneyland and didn't call us! But then I saw little Calvin was a pirate. So cute!

Heather said...

Calvin is the cutest pirate ever. And you make a pretty great crayon! =)