CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

arizona, shoes & dancing

We love AZ so far and are anxious for the time when we can actually go outside for an extended period. They tell us here that it starts to cool off around October-ish. We are pretty much settled in our home - my favorite features are the space (compared to our last teeny apt), the kitchen, the air conditioning, the ceiling fans, and the garage. Some stuff we've done this past month:

- spent time at the pool whenever possible
- visited IKEA for the first time and had yummy meatballs
- unpacked and put away ALMOST everthing
- been to Wal-Mart WAY too many times
- BBQ'ed last weekend with Russell's school friends
- spoke in Sacrament Meeting our 2nd Sunday
- ate at In-n-Out Burger (honestly, I'd rather go to Carl's Jr - sorry to all you die hard fans)
- visited the library weekly
- ate Cafe Rio with Katy, my sis-in-law (yay, they have one here!)

We would love to host any who want to come visit (well, as long as we know you) and if it helps entice anyone, we have a Texas Roadhouse, Sweet Tomatoes, Bajio, and Chipotle just around the corner (you can tell we're enticed by good food).

I don't have pictures of the house yet, but one of Calvin's newest things is to go into my closet and try on my shoes. He always puts on the fancy ones and then walks back and forth across the bathroom floor between the bedroom and the closet - I guess he likes the noise they make. I've caught him on film twice so far:

These black ones are his favorite, but the blue suede (below) went better with his outfit that day...



He always neatly puts them back where they go - this kid cracks me up. His favorite words these days are broccoli (he loves to eat it too), racquetball, soccer ball, basketball (sensing a theme?), and Virgil (our turtle). He's become quite brave in the pool and would walk right off the step if I wasn't watching. He also loves to jump off the side and splash.

Okay, last thing. The other night, I put on the music from our wedding and we all danced for about an hour. Here's a video I took of Calvin and Russell about halfway through:

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Tell Russ I'm very impressed with his moves.

That video was awesome!

Heather said...

nice couches!!! see ya soon!